Monday, 27 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: V + W



Authors from A to Z


Today I bring you V and W.... (Lovely letters, eh??)


V is for
Kurt Vonnegut

I had a big problem coming up with an idea to talk about for the letter V, but in the end decided to showcase the only author I have heard of that has a last name starting with a V and whose works I'd really like to read sometime.

Kurt Vonnegut
I have to admit that I had never even heard of Kurt Vonnegut before I started blogging. I'm going to go on and assume that that is not a good thing. From what I have seen, he was a very good author and lots of people seem to enjoy his books. So I am definitely going to give him a try sometime.







W is for
Scott Westerfeld
Jaqueline Wilson
Alison Weir

Scott Westerfeld
I have only read three of his Uglies series books (and none of his others), and even though my favourite of the three was Uglies, I definitely like Scott Westerfeld's style of writing. I really want to read his Leviathan series, too! I hear the books have illustrations in them? Should be different!






Jacqueline Wilson
It's been years since I last read one of her books, but I remember absolutely loving them when I was younger. My favourite, by far, was The Lottie Project! In her books, Wilson deals with some very real issues, such as negligent mothers, shoplifting, divorced parents, in a wonderful way. Oh, now I want to go and read them again!





Alison Weir
I have only read one book of hers, Innocent Traitor, which was recommended to me by my Grandma. I absolutely loved it, as it was about a story I had never heard of before. It was sad, but very, very interesting, and did not tire me at all. Lady Jane Grey is one of the loveliest characters I have ever read about. I will definitely be picking up more of her books in the future.





I'll be back with the letter X tomorrow... 
(Which I am dreading, as I have no ideas right now)

2 comments:

  1. First of all, Scott Westerfeld... YES!

    As for Jacqueline Wilson... OMFG! I love her. Hers were the only books I really read before HP. Favourite has to be Midnight. Did you ever read it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Vonnegut, despite a degree in English! LOL I do want to read Westerfield. Another on the LOOOONG list of authors I want to become acquainted with! ;-) Allison Weir's book sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...