Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: G



Authors from A to Z


On to the letter G today!


G is for
Philippa Gregory
Neil Gaiman

Philippa Gregory
Philippa Gregory is the author of a great many historical novels, including The Other Boleyn Girl (which has also been made into a film). Most of her books are about the Tudor era, with her latest series titles The Cousins' War (aka The War of the Roses). I read The Other Boleyn Girl a few years ago and loved it! I also own Wideacre, which I will be reading sometime soon! I think it's the first book she ever wrote and it's not set in the Tudor era, but it sounds very interesting! It's a bit of a chunkster, too, but I will read it regardless!




Neil Gaiman
I had never actually heard of Neil Gaiman until last year, when I bought The Graveyard Book as a present for my brother. Anyway, I soon got round to reading the book and really, really enjoyed it! Then, I found out he had also written Coraline (which I have not read, but have seen the film). I must get round to reading some of his other books soon!





Come back tomorrow for the letter H!

3 comments:

  1. I like both of them but I haven't been drawn to Philippa's Wideacre books. I can really recommend A Respectable Trade which is about the slave trade. I need to read more of Neil's adult books though he recently wrote a very excellent episode of Dr Who :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually got Wideacre on a whim a few months ago and I have yet to read it. I hope I get to it soon and see if I like it. Thanks for the recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have The Other Boleyn Girl sitting on my shelf. I saw the movie recently, and it was really good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...