Friday, 3 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: C



Authors from A to Z


Today is Day 3 of the month-long Author A-Z Challenge. Today, we have our favourite authors whose surnames begin with the letter C.

I know it's coming up rather late today, but I have been really busy today and have only just managed to sit down!



C is for
Suzanne Collins
Tracy Chevalier
Trudi Canavan



Suzanne Collins
I don't think there are many people who don't know who Suzanne Collins is. Maybe except for me, as I only found out about her and her notorious Hunger Games series just this year. Anyways, she has now officially joined the ranks of my favourite authors! I have read all three of them, but have only posted reviews for The Hunger Games and Catching Fire (which you can read by clicking on the links). I must get my hands on her Underland Chronicles (which is considered MG, but I have heard is also very good)!




Tracy Chevalier
What to say about this amazing author? I just love her stories! She has a truly amazing voice and I cannot wait to read more of her books! I have only read Remarkable Creatures and Burning Bright (both of which have been reviewed on the blog) and I loved them! She is more well known for writing the book 'Girl With A Pearl Earring', on which the well-known film starring Colin Firth and Scarlett Johansson was based. I haven't read this one yet, but I will be borrowing it from my Grandma when I visit this summer!




Trudi Canavan
I remember that this book had actually been a present for my brother many years ago, but I was the one who read it, loved it and decided I had to have the other two books in the series! (Fortunately for me, they had already been published!). I was so sad when I finished the last book, both because there wasn't another book and because of the actual ending. I must reread them sometime! It has been too long...





Please stop by tomorrow for the letter D!

6 comments:

  1. Hey I just discovered your blog I love the design :). I'm a new follower !


    I loooove Suzanne Collins and Tracy Chevalier. Love theirs books !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Suzanne Collins! I read the Hunger Games series this year just like you. Actually those were my first books of 2011. Could not have been a better start of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered Suzanne Collins in the last year, too (though not this year) and read them at the very end of summer when I rediscovered Buffy. That was one geeky summer - though very fun :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. About Divergent : I totally understand you I hate getting caught in the hype too ^^ but really it's worth it with this book :).
    Tell me if you like Divergent after reading it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh and about the picture yes it's in France :). In Gers. 2 hours from where I live !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you stumped me! Can you believe I haven't even read The Hunger Games yet? Just haven't had time! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...