Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: S



Authors from A to Z



S is for
Diane Setterfield
Maria V. Snyder
Lemony Snicket
Maggie Stiefvater



Diane Setterfield
The Thirteenth Tale is one of the best books I have read this year. Full stop. That's all I have to say on that matter. Rumour has it the author is currently working on a new book. I will be buying it. Definitely.







Maria V. Snyder
I picked up her book, Poison Study, at random sometime last year, because I liked the sound of it AND it was on offer. (I think I got it for just under 6 euros). The first book was my favourite out of the series, but I really enjoyed both the second, Magic Study, and the third, Fire Study. I am looking forward to reading both her Glass and her Insider series sometime soon!





Lemony Snicket
Lemony Snicket has written the 'A Series of Unfortunate Events' books, which focus on the terrible adventures of three orphans, Violet, Klaus and Sunny Baudelaire. There are 13 books in all, and, in my opinion, they are sooo good! I really enjoyed reading them when they came out one by one (my brother requested the new ones as soon as they came out), but haven't read them for a few years... Maybe I should re-read them... You should try them out, if you haven't already!





Maggie Stiefvater
I actually first saw Shiver as a translated book in my local bookshop, but they didn't have the English book, so I had to wait for a long time until we went to England in the summer to actually buy the book. I read it in the space of a few hours (and got a really bad and painful sunburn in the process - I looked like a baboon's backside in the evening) and loved it! Since then, I have also enjoyed Linger (the second book in the series, after Shiver) and Lament. I am looking forward to reading her other books, especially Forever!




Aaaand tomorrow - the letter T!

3 comments:

  1. Love Maria V Snyder. I just started Storm Glass and although it's not as great as Poison Study I really enjoy it so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lemony Snicket! I used to love those books!!! I didn't follow the series from the first book, but once the movie came out I picked them up as soon as I could :) They're so good, aren't they?

    Don't reread them though, they're not as good the second time around... trust me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am about to start Shiver. Finally. I am excited! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...