Monday, 20 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: Q



Authors from A to Z


I am pretty sure I have never read a book by an author whose name or surname begin with the letter Q, so today's post is going to be a little different.


Q is for
Quentin Blake

For those of you who do not know this name, I have to tell you that Quentin Blake is not an author (as I said above), but he is a very famous cartoonist and has illustrated a great number of children's books. He is most well known for his collaborations with Roald Dahl.
As I believe that pictures speak louder than words, I will leave you with a few pictures of his illustrations, which you probably will recognise.

Matilda - Source

The BFG - Source
Little Red Riding Hood - Source
The Twits - Source
And last but not least, a biology-oriented one which I happened to find!

Source

You can find out more about Quentin Blake form his personal website. You can see all sorts of different illustrations by him on each page! Try it out!

I'll be back tomorrow with the letter R!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, awesome choice! I have seen many of his illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well played, Phanee!
    These illustrations bring back so many good memories. Although I read the Roald Dahl books in translation, the illustrations are universal.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...