Thursday, 9 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: H



Authors from A to Z

H already???? Oh well....

H is for
Nick Hornby
Victoria Hislop
Mark Haddon

Nick Hornby
I only discovered Nick Hornby this year, though we've had books of his in the house since last year (which my brother bought). I really enjoyed High Fidelity and Slam, and I am planning on reading Juliet, Naked very soon (we already have a copy of it)! Hornby has a lovely writing style, which is very easy to read and to get into! You should definitely give his novels a try!





Victoria Hislop
I absolutely loved, loved, loved The Island! Though maybe the fact that I live in Greece (or more specifically Crete) and I actually ended up reading it while I was on holiday in Elounda (right across the bay from Spinalonga, where the book is set) might have helped a little... Only a little mind you, as I know a lot of people who have also read it and loved it without having ever seen the place! I remember my Grandma pestering me to read this one one summer a few years ago, but I actually picked it up to read nearly a whole year later. It really is such a good book! I also read The Return a couple of years ago, but I wasn't as impressed... I also had a big problem with the years the book was set in... Something about them just didn't make sense when I was reading it...


Mark Haddon
I've only read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time and it was donkey's years ago, but I remember really enjoying this one. As you may know, the main character in this book is an autistic boy, with all sorts of quirks, who discovers that his neighbour's dog has been killed with a garden fork and decides he has to investigate the matter. I think I must read this one again soon... I honestly cannot remember how long ago it was that I read this one.




Come back tomorrow for the letter H!

1 comment:

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...