Sunday, 12 June 2011

In My Mailbox (11)


Hello everyone! Welcome to another IMM post! In My Mailbox is a meme that is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, so we get the chance to share our new books for the week (bought, borrowed or won) with all the lovely bloggers out there!

I was contemplating whether or not to do a vlog this wee, but decided against it for the time being.. I did record a couple of versions, but I wasn't feeling particularly sure about them (and the sound from my webcam is abysmal), so you're just getting a regular photo again this week!

So, this week I got:


Gift:
Voices In Summer by Rosamunde Pilcher
This one I got from my boyfriend as a present (which was for no particular reason)! I have read two of Rosamunde Pilcher's other books (The Shell Seekers and September) and I enjoyed both of them.

Bought:
The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender
I just read the synopsis on the back and found it very interesting, so I decided to get it!

Ash by Malinda Lo
Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
I've been seeing these books all over different blogs and I am looking forward to reading them soon!

The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
This one is actually a non-fiction book (which I don't read very many of), but I decided to buy it because it is about biology. It's about Henrietta Lacks (or HeLa as most scientist know her), whose cells have been instrumental in viral and cancer research, as well as in developing the polio vaccine and drugs to treat leukaemia, influenza, hemophilia, herpes and Parkinson's disease. 
I hope I get round to it soon, as I tend to 'overlook' non-fiction books.


Won:
I won that bookmark you can see in the photo above from Jessica and Donna over at Book Passion For Life! And it's signed by Amy Plum! (Whose book I haven't read yet...). Anyway, it is my first signed bookmark, so it's a collective piece!


From S&S Galley Grab:



And, as if all those books aren't enough, I decided to grab Love Story by Jennifer Echols. I've seen loads of reviews of her books in the few months I have been blogging, but have never read a book written by her, so I decided to give her a try!


Anyway, that's all from me this week! I'd love to know what you think about vlogs? Do you watch them or just ignore them? Why?
Ahem... Sorry about all those questions! So....

What did you get in your mailbox??

4 comments:

  1. First off... do a vlog! I love watching vlog IMM's. Hopefully next time you try it will come out a little better (:

    I'm so jealous of Ash, I really want to read it and I just got the prequel this week, too. Hope you enjoy all yours new books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great IMM! I'm getting back into the Iron Fey series and am uber excited. I got Love story as well and it will be my first Ms. Echols book as well.


    Here’s my IMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that your man got you a book for no reason! Those are the best gifts!

    Angie
    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great imm, l hope you enjoy The Iron King, it's great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...