Monday, 13 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: K



Authors from A to Z


K is for
Milan Kundera
Sophie Kinsella

Milan Kundera
I read his book The Unbearable Lightness of Being this year, after hearing about it for years and years from quite a few friends from school (who supposedly only read 'meaningful' literature...). Regardless of that fact, I really enjoyed this book in the end, even though I could not relate to the main character (and he even got on my nerves after a while). I liked his style of writing and I hope to read some of his other books in the future.





Sophie Kinsella
I occasionally read some chick lit too (usually in the summer when I am in the mood for something lighter or a good love story), and I do like Sophie Kinsella's books. I have read most (if not all) of her books that are NOT in her 'Confessions of a Shopaholic' series. For some reason, I have been avoiding those last ones like the plague. Same as the 'Sex and the City' books... My favourite of her books is probably The Undomestic Goddess, and I rather enjoyed Twenties Girl, too. Definitely an author to check out if you're in the mood for a funny, romantic and quick read!



Back again tomorrow for the next letter - L!
(It will probably be more interesting than today's...)

2 comments:

  1. I loved Sophie Kinsella back in the days before she was famous. I think a lot of us identified with her Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (the original title, don't know why they changed it to confessions, she doesn't confess much!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinsella is someone I've been meaning to read.

    I didn't realize The Unbearable Lightness of Being is a book. I knew of the movie, though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...