Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: L + M



Authors from A to Z

I know I missed yesterday's and that today's post is extra late, but I have got an exam tomorrow and I have been rather busy revising. So, here we go:

L is for
Rhiannon Lassiter
Marina Lewycka

Rhiannon Lassiter
I read this one a few years ago, after my brother recommended it to me. The recommendation was on the basis that it was supposed to be seriously creepy. Well, it was... Definitely want to read other books by her.







Marina Lewycka
This one I got as a present. I had seen it in quite a few bookshops before I got it, but I hadn't picked it up. I really enjoyed it! And I think the title is just genius! It does make you wonder, doesn't it??







M is for
Kate Mosse
Kate Morton
Melissa Marr

Kate Mosse
I've really enjoyed both Labyrinth and Sepulchre (the two first books in her Languedoc Trilogy - the third book, Citadel, is expected to be published in September 2011), as well as her short-story-turned-novel, The Winter Ghosts. Can't wait for Citadel! 








Kate Morton
I've read two out of the three books she has written (The Forgotten Garden and The House At Riverton) and I have loved them both! Really looking forward to reading The Distant Hours soon! (When I can find a cheap copy - they all seem to be too expensive right now...)





Melissa Marr
I only recently read Wicked Lovely and really enjoyed it! I particularly enjoyed the different way in which she presented faeries as well as her writing style! I just wanted to keep reading! Definitely looking forward to reading the next books in the series, as well as Graveminder, her newest book.






Sorry for the long post, but I did try to make it less tiring with less words! Just short and sweet, I hope!

Come back again tomorrow for the letter N!

2 comments:

  1. I read Sepulchre last year and found it far too long, it's putting me off Labyrinth (which I have) because I didn't enjoy it enough to take that much time over another of her books.

    I have a few of Kate Morton's books on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wicked Lovely is one I'm hoping to get into. Again, it's a time issue ...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...