Tuesday, 21 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: R



Authors from A to Z



R is for
J.K. Rowling
Jed Rubenfeld


J.K Rowling
It has been approximately 13 years since I read the first book in the Harry Potter series. I think I was one of the first people in Greece to read the book. It only became a sensation over here when I had already read the Chamber of Secrets (or maybe it was the Prisoner of Azkaban). Regardless, I remember telling my best friend at the time about Harry Potter and Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger and she was looking at me as if I had gone mental or something. A couple of years later, she was hooked too!
I hope she writes something non-HP related soon! I'd love to see something different from her.



Jed Rubenfeld
This was a book I got as a present from my boyfriend (just because!) and wasn't sure if I'd like it, because of the fact that I only knew the basics about Freud and his methods. I found this book to be very well written (I think it was his debut novel) and I did understand a lot more about how Freud's methods of psychoanalysis worked. It was confusing at times, but very interesting. Rubenfeld has also published another book, The Death Instinct, which I hope to read sometime!




You can stop by tomorrow for the letter S!
(It's going to be a big one!)

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I know Rowling. Rubenfeld sounds interesting. I'll have to take a peek sometime. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you think JKR will ever write again? I don't know about her personally, but in her shoes I would feel under so much pressure to write something - HP related or otherwise. Everyone would expect so much of it.
    Still, she could write Nazi propaganda at this point and I would probably still read it :P (please, nobody get annoyed by that comment, it is a JOKE)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...