Friday, 24 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: T + U



Authors from A to Z


So, I missed yesterday's post, but never fear! I'm back again today!


T is for
Scarlett Thomas
Sue Townsend


Scarlett Thomas
I have to admit that the main reason I was drawn to this book was because of the cover and the black pages. It's so pretteh! But I bought it because I really liked the sound of the story. When I finally got round to reading The End of Mr Y, I was a little confused by the story. Weird. But such a good read! I've also read PopCo by Thomas and really enjoyed that one, too. It focuses a lot on cryptography.
Definitely an author worth trying out!




Sue Townsend
These books have been around for donkey's years! The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Ages 13 3/4 was published in 1982 and it's actually one of the few books my Mum has read. The first and only book so far that my mother has urged me to read (she's not much of a reader) and it is hilarious! Some of the next instalments are really good too, while others just seem to drone on a little.
Now I reminded myself of this book, I actually realised I can't remember what happens in it. I remember the basics, but that's about it. To be fair though, it's probably been about 6-7 years since I read it...



U is for
Uh-oh

Sorry everyone, but I have drawn a complete and utter blank! I have no idea whatsoever what to write about the letter U. I tried doing authors, I have read none. I tried thinking about titles beginning with a U, nope. Then, I tried characters, but my brain refuses to co-operate, so you're just getting an Uh-oh.
I hope I'll be more productive with tomorrow's V (which I am also very stuck on!).



Aaaand tomorrow - the letter V!

1 comment:

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...