Monday, 6 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: E



Authors from A to Z


After a rest yesterday, back again today with the letter E! Today, I only have one author... Try as I might, I couldn't think of any more whose surnames begin with an E...

So,


E is for
Nicholas Evans

Nicholas Evans
Evans is a rather well known writer. I first heard of him quite a few years ago, when I got The Smoke Jumper as a present for some reason or another. Then, I found out about The Horse Whisperer and then, about the fact that The Horse Whisperer had been made into a film (which I still haven't seen). I really enjoyed those two books, though The Smoke Jumper has been my favourite so far. I recently read and reviewed The Loop, which was good, but which I found tiring after some time. Regardless, he does have a wonderful way of expressing himself!



Please stop by tomorrow for the letter F!

3 comments:

  1. I have most his books but haven't read any yet! The film of The Horse Whisperer is pretty good, though obviously I can't compare it to the book. I had a good cry at it and it's definitely worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know Ellie! I remember having a good cry at the end of the book, too. Hope you get round to reading one of his books soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie was fantastic. I haven't read the book yet, though. It's on my TBR list! ;-)

    Interesting about The Loop. Perhaps that's the point?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...