Friday, 10 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: I





Authors from A to Z

I is for
Eva Ibbotson


Eva Ibbotson
I've actually only ever read one book by Eva Ibbotson, but I really enjoyed it! The Secret Countess was about a Russian girl who has to leave her country and manages to find a job at a wealthy earl's home. I think you can guess what happens at the end of the book! It is pretty obvious! But the story is very well written and it is a good romance! Plus, how lovely is that cover?? I am not usually a fan of face-closeups on covers, but this girl is so pretty! And I love the gold details around  the edges. I have to tell you, it's a lot prettier up close! Anyway, I would love to get my hands on some other of her books, as I really enjoyed reading this one!
(Big picture today, to fill up the post!)





Come back tomorrow for the letter H!

3 comments:

  1. I gotta tell ya. I'm quite impressed! An "I" author! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book yet to read! I own one of her children books, too. Hopefully I'll get to them both soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was my 'I' as well.
    I love her, try 'A Song for Summer', that's a good one but it's quite long. It's a little bit like 'The Secret Countess'. This one is my favourite though :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...