Friday, 17 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: N + O





Authors from A to Z


And again, I missed a day! Which means today, we have both N and O. Don't worry, O is a small one!


N is for
Jenny Nimmo
Katherine Neville
Audrey Niffenegger
Linda Newbery

Jenny Nimmo
The books I have read by Jenny Nimmo are completely and utterly oriented towards a MG audience. But they're sooo good! I've only read the first 6 books in the series (I think there are 8 of them all together), but they're so much fun! I might have to go read them again now that I reminded myself of them!






Katherine Neville
At first I was a bit reluctant to pick up a novel by Katherine Neville, because they sounded a little too much like Dan Brown's novels. I was so wrong! I've read all of her books so far (I think) and I've really enjoyed them! You can check out my review of A Calculated Risk, too! (Just click on the link!)






Audrey Niffenegger
Most of you have probably heard of Audrey Niffenegger because of The Time Traveler's Wife. I read this book last year and it had me in tears by the end, even though I knew what was going to happen. It is a wonderfully written novel definitely worth reading! You can read my review of it HERE, though keep in mind that it is not a very good one (I wasn't very good with the reviewing bit back then... Plus, it was my first review...)




Linda Newbery
It's been ages since I last read one of her books, but I remember loving the two of them that I have read. The Shell House I read when I was very young and I am pretty positive I've read it 3 or 4 times. Set In Stone I read 3 years ago. We bought it while on holiday in England because it was on some sort of promotion/offer. They're both about 'different' relationships, but the writing is just wonderful! (Or at least I think it is! It has been a while!) They're definitely books I want to get round to reading again sometime!





O is for
George Orwell


George Orwell
I only just finished reading this book, and I can definitely say it was one of the most weird, complex novels I have ever read. There were parts of it that were very difficult to understand and others that just seemed like the makings of a paranoid mind. Weird I tell you! But definitely worth reading sometime in one's life. It's creepy if you think about the fact that some parts of it are not that impossible to happen in the future. I hope to get a review of this one up soon, as well as read Animal Farm (which I probably should have started with, as it is so much shorter).




Sorry about the messup with the posting! I had already missed Thursday and didn't want to miss Friday's post, so I just got it up as soon as I was able in the hopes of writing it up straight away, but other things got in the way...

I will be back again tomorrow with the letter P!
(I promise....)

6 comments:

  1. No books today? :(
    I always love your recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so this is what just happened... I saw the 'N' list and didn't recognise any names so decided to give one of them a Google (this being Audrey Niffenegger because her last name sounds funny). I clicked the first link and what did I see? The most wrong image ever! The header on her website is just wrong on so many levels. At least it wasn't a photo :P

    But yeah, not heard of any of these (other than Orwell), so I'll go check the rest of them out (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had not seen the header before actually... But it's rather weird for a header, isn't it??

    Sorry, Selina! I didn't have enough time before and just posted it until I had the time to update it! It's updated now, though! Hope you find something you like there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your thoughts on The Time Traveler's Wife are similar to mine. I had seen the movie first, and that compelled me to read the book. SO MUCH BETTER than the movie. Definitely one of my favorite books ever.

    And now to find the header you two are talking about ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I should have read a book by George Orwell but I haven't. Guilty. I have read a book by Jenny Nimmo and Linda Newbery though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, no pressure :) But it turned into a great post again!

    Saw the TTW movie and loved it. So beautiful. I should go and read the book then I guess.
    I read 'The Eight' but don't think I finished it. It was a translated version so that might have been the reason why. I should re-read it in English.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...