Saturday, 11 June 2011

Author A-Z Challenge: J



Authors from A to Z


I had no idea what I was going to write for the J post, until I sat down to write this...
So....


J is for
Maureen Johnson
Paul Jennings

Maureen Johnson
Maureen Johnson is actually not one of my favourite authors. I recently read 13 Little Blue Envelopes, and, contrary to quite a few people, I didn't particularly love it. The thing is, I didn't really have a problem with the author's way of writing, just the story. It didn't sound plausible (at all) and it put me off a little. BUT, I hear she has a new book coming out, called The Name of the Star, which is a re-telling of Jack the Ripper, and I really like the sound of it! I will definitely try to get my hands on it! :)





Paul Jennings
I know! Creeeeepy cover, eh? Anyway, I was given this book years and years ago and I remember that is was completely and utterly weird! I think it also features a lot of Poop Scooping (or something along that line). I have only read this book by Jennings (which he has written together with Morris Gleitzman), but from what I know he is a rather well known children's author, with many books to his name.





Well, I didn't do too badly there, did I? If you consider the fact that I had no idea what I was going to say today! 

Back again on Monday for the next letter - K!

4 comments:

  1. Maureen Johnson is such a good author, but I know what you mean about 13LBE having an unrealistic story line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the only book I have read by her and the writing was not bad. It was the story line that put me off, to be honest. I am definitely going to give a chance to her other books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought 13LBE was so cute! I see what you mean about it being unrealistic but that did not bother me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More new authors for me, although I have heard of Johnson – seen a lot of 13LBE lately!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...