Friday, 27 May 2011

In Which I Talk About The Weather...



It's raining... As in, absolutely pouring it down... My house is on a bit of a slope, so we currently have a small river right outside the front door, too...

In case you didn't know, I live in Greece (where people come to see a bit of sun?). I actually live on the island of Crete, which is the southernmost island in the country, which practically means that we have even warmer weather than the rest of Greece.

What's very puzzling is that I do not believe it has ever rained this late in May. And I've lived here all my life. What on earth is going on??? It's not cold or anything, but it's seriously weird. It makes me wonder if we will have an extra hot summer, to compensate for the amount of rain we have had this year....

I don't think this post is going to be of much interest, but I'll post it anyway!

4 comments:

  1. Well, I guess it's a good excuse to stay home and relax yourself with a good book :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about the weather is always of interest...but then I am British ;) Weather has been really strange here too, we had some really hot days in April.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a slow burning Rapture. This is your five months of very mild hell, get used to it.

    I agree with Selina, make the best of the rain and read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I have done! And I watched an HP film! :)

    The weather today has been like a bad August day in England (or at least the part of England I visit every year - near Manchester), with a little extra thunder. It's definitely NOT normal for Greece. Here, rain stops sometime in April and doesn't start again until October.

    @Kate: Whaaaaat??? You realise I didn't understand a thing of what you said in those first two sentences...?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...