Sunday, 8 May 2011

In My Mailbox (7)


Hello everyone! Welcome to another IMM post! In My Mailbox is a meme that is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, so we get the chance to share our new books for the week (bought, borrowed or won) with all the lovely bloggers out there!

Today's IMM post contains the books I got these past two weeks. I decided not to do an IMM last week, because of the fact that I only got one book in the post.


Random by Craig Robertson
I won this one from Ellie's Pre-Loved Giveaways over at Curiosity Killed The Bookworm. (This one is the one that arrived last week) Looking forward to reading it!

The Rain Before It Falls by Jonathan Coe
The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
All of these were a present from my boyfriend, when he came back from his Easter holidays in Athens. Yay! Books! (a.k.a. best presents in the world!)
Anyway, I'd been meaning to get Wolf Hall for myself (but I could only find it in Greek) and I really wanted to try reading a book by Orhan Pamuk. Everyone seems to read his books over here in Greece... We shall see!

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
I got this one from Bookmooch.com. Someone in Greece was offering it, which means -1 point, so I just went for it! (Plus, it got here really quick!)

Fallen by Lauren Kate
I won this one from Calum over at The Secret Writer. I already had the book, but this one is a signed copy and I don't have many of them, so I really wanted another one to keep! I had been warned that parcels from America take quite a bit of time to reach Europe, but I thought it arrived very quickly!


I also got some e-books this week:


The Abandoned by Amanda Stevens
The Strange Case of Finley Jayne by Kady Cross
Beyond The Bougainvillea by Dolores Durando (thanks to NetGalley!)

That's all I got these past two weeks!



What did you get in your mailbox this week?? 
I'd love to have a look!

6 comments:

  1. Fab set! I loved Wolf Hall and Memoirs of a Geisha.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great books there! I always mean to get round to reading memoirs of a geisha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I've only heard of a few of these! Great IMM! Thanks so much for stopping by! New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool you got a signed copy of Fallen. Great selections.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/05/in-my-mailbox_08.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting my first book signed by an author next week!!

    Angie
    XOXO Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got some great books! I read Memoirs of a Geisha back when the movie came out and enjoyed it. I also like Fallen and think it's awesome you got a signed copy. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...