Sunday, 29 May 2011

In My Mailbox (9)


Hello everyone! Welcome to another IMM post! In My Mailbox is a meme that is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, so we get the chance to share our new books for the week (bought, borrowed or won) with all the lovely bloggers out there!

This week was a VERY good week! Let me show you why...


I got DIVERGENT!!!!! It's all shiny and nice and new (and also the very first book by a debut author I will ever read in the year the book was actually published). I have heard so many great things about this book that I am rather looking forward to reading it! Though it won't be straight away... I might wait a week or so.

So:
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (Feariewalker #1)
The Beatrice Letters by Lemony Snicket (which is actually my brother's)

This week I also grabbed another book of the Simon & Schuster Galley Grab programme, off the adult fiction list, as I rather liked the sound of it:


Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman

And last, but not least, I got my very first review request!!! I'm so happy! So, I will be reading and reviewing:


Beyond Nostalgia by Tom Winton
A sincere thanks to the author for this one!

That's all from me this week!


What did you get in your mailbox??
Feel free to leave a link in the comments!

13 comments:

  1. Yay for Divergent and congrats on securing your first review book :-D that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I'm saying is DIVERGENT IS AWESOME. And, oh, Glimmerglass is pretty good and SHINY as well, hehe. :D

    Btw, is that an ARC of Divergent? Because I was so excited about how Shiny it was... then realized the real HC cover wasn't nearly as shiny after I bought it. ):

    Anyways, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Divergent has received rather high praise reviews from almost anyone!I can't wait to read it too.
    Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous that you've got Divergent, it looks so good and I'm on a library waiting list for it :-(
    Great week this week- enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got Divergent on my tbr pile---your copy is all pretty and shimmery, though! I love it! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great haul! Divergent is AWESOME, and Glimmerglass is very good! Enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Divergent is looking... colorful! Lol Have fun reading your books!

    - Chel
    The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love Divergent and I really hope you do too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your first review request!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Divergent looks awesome!! Congrats on your first review request, it's a memorable occasion =]

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love the sound of Wildflower Hill! I'm a sucker for stories in which someone unveils secrets from the past. Great new books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Jenn: No, it's just the paperback copy! Though I wonder why they didn't make the HB just as shiny...

    @Irena: I've only read approx. 40 pages of it and it's rather interesting!

    Happy reading to you all, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Gimmerglass cover is soo pretty ! =)
    Happy reading

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...