Tuesday, 12 April 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Would Like To See Made Into Films



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This week's list is about the top ten books we would love to see made into films (movies). Obviously, I have excluded books that are already being made into films (that I know of), such as The Hunger Games (which I just recently finished and absolutely loved!!). These here are my picks, in no order whatsoever!

I'm pretty sure I am one of the few people who read the book after they saw the film based on the first book (The Lightning Thief) and also, that I am one of the few who actually enjoyed the film! I think I might actually prefer the film to the book (which is a bad, bad thing for me to say, but then again, I really enjoyed the film). Anyways... I would love to see the second book made into a film too! I'd definitely go watch it!

When I first heard about this book (a few years ago), I didn't really fancy reading it. But then, I decided to buy it last year and I absolutely loved it! Long story short, I would love to see it made into a film! Mystery, murders, Algeria.

I read this book quite a few years ago (2007 I think...) and didn't really enjoy it. Yeah, I know! Shocking! Anyway, I have decided to give the series another chance (we have all the books, as my brother just loved the series). Reagrdless, I would love to see this book made into a film. The theme it deals with is very touchy, so whoever does take it on will have to be very careful about making it.

I think that the books in this series will make some films that will definitely be action-packed! I think the result would be interesting to see in a film!

This is a book I read not long ago and I think it would make one of the nicest films ever! Just imagine the costs to make the sets. It's set in London in 1792, so they'd have to recreate all the atmosphere from that period in time. Plus, there's the circus and all the performances and parades! I will definitely watch this one, if it is ever made into a film! 


I really enjoyed this book and I would love to see how a director would imagine the world Mr Westerfeld has created. The hoverboards, the rooms that respond to whatever you say, the Rustie camp (which will probably just look like an abandoned city), the Smoke. Yep. Definitely interested!

I'm not a big fan of films about war (I watched Valkyrie last year, and even though I knew what was going to happen in the end, I still ended up crying - a lot!). This one would probably make me cry, too, but I think it would make a lovely film.

Oh my!!! I just want to see who they will choose to play Valek! I just loved the guy in the book! He is so nice!! Other than that, I loved the book and I would love to see the world described in the book on screen! ( <3 Valek...)

It's Victorian, so there would be wonderful dresses, for a start! But other than that, I really enjoyed reading this book and would love to see the story come to life. Though it might be a little difficult to make, as it is set in three different periods in time. Ah well... That's their problem! I just want to watch it!

10. ............

Honestly, I can't find a number 10... Well, at least I got 9! So, I'm leaving number 10 blank, to be filled by any book I read in the future and would love to see it turned into a film!

So, that was my top ten for the week! How about yours??
Please feel free to leave me a comment! :)






5 comments:

  1. I chose two of yours! I need to read the Noughts and Crosses books...

    TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see all of Kate Morton's books as movies. Someone told me that a movie adaptation of The Book Thief is already being made!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choices! I too would like to see a few of those made into movies!

    Here is my Top Ten post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Book Thief is on my TBR shelf and I'm really looking forward to getting to it. I almost bought The Forgotten Garden the other day. It sounds it would make a good book (and movie - the costumes alone!) . . . I might go back and get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well...Uglies is being made into a movie. I read it on Scott Westerfeld's blog. I think it's to be released late next year :)

    I haven't read the series (Don't know why) but I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...