Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Top Ten Tuesday Rewind: A Tuesday I Missed


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish.

This week we get to choose one of the previous TTT that were hosted, but that we didn't get the chance to participate in. There was a long list of topics (which can be found here) and I chose to do:

Top Ten Book To Film Adaptations

So, lets get started! (The first two are tied in first position - hence the two number 1s - but the others are in no particular order!)

1. Harry Potter
Yes, Harry Potter! I love the books and I love the films! I didn't mind the changes they made and the films just seem to get better and better!! All the actors they have cast in all the different roles have been fantastic! I don't think anyone could be disappointed with the result! I especially loved the choice of Alan Rickman for Snape! That was just genius...



1. Pride and Prejudice (BBC TV series)
I know that technically this is not a film, it's a TV series, but I just had to include it in the list! I only watched it about a month ago, but it's just so much better than the film with Keira Knightley! I loved the film, but I think I love the TV series more. (And it's not just because of Colin Firth.) I think this is a must-see for everyone, especially those who would love to read the book, but don't particularly enjoy Austen's way of writing!



3. Coraline
This one is based on a story by Neil Gaiman (for those who don't know). I haven't actually read the book, but I have seen the film and I can honestly say it is one of the nicest films I have seen! It was also the first stop-motion film I saw, but that's not really relevant.



4. Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief
This is an example of a film that I enjoyed more than the actual book it is based on. I also watched it long before actually reading the books. I especially liked Poseidon (or the actor who plays Poseidon)!! *wink


5. Bridget Jones (both books)
I really enjoyed these two books when I read them, and I equally enjoyed the films too! Well, no. That's not true. I enjoyed the films a lot more! Renee Zellwegger as Bridget was just hilarious, Hugh Grant was just the typical womaniser and Colin Firth was just dreamy! (Yes, I have a crush on Colin. Don't you??)


6. The Reader
I have not actually read this book (though I'd like to), but the film was very good. Very very good. I probably teared up a little at the end. Kate Winslet did get an Academy Award for it, which she definitely deserved.


7. The Chronicles of Narnia
I've watched two of the Chronicles of Narnia films to date (The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader) and I enjoyed both of them. The books I have never read. I remember trying to read them when I was younger, but I just couldn't get into them. I might try reading them again sometime soon. (We've got them all, just sitting there, gathering dust)


8. Lord of the Rings
I've actually read The Fellowship of the Ring and half of The Two Towers, before I just gave up. But the films are just epic. Yes, epic. They're all very long films, with great costumes, great scenery (I want to go to New Zealand someday) and great acting.


9. Atonement
Another book that I haven't read, but really should! This was honestly one of the best films I saw last year! (I know it came out in 2007, but I only saw it last year). I hadn't really heard much about it when I decided to watch it, so I was very pleasantly surprised. I have to watch it again, now that I reminded myself of it.


10. Mary Poppins
I don't think I can accurately say how many times I have watched this film! It was one of my favourites when I was younger (along with Bed-knobs and Broomsticks) and I used to sing-along to all the songs! (I still do, but shhh!) I haven't read this book either, but I probably should!

This is my Top Ten Tuesday for this week! Next week, we will be talking about our Top Ten Mean Girls In Books! Should be interesting!

What's on your Top Ten Tuesday list this week??


6 comments:

  1. I hated the Keira P&P but I can never tire of watching Colin Firth as Mr Darcy :)

    I'm a huge fan of the Percy Jackson books so I won't watch the film. I've heard that all the things I like about the books (like the mythological in-jokes) are missing from the film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't hate it, but the BBC version is superior to the film (which is why the film is not in the top ten).

    I can't say I remember anything about in-jokes, to be honest... I'll have to watch the film again - now that I've read the book - and I'll let you know. Though, you're probably right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes, yes! The Colin Firth Pride and Prejudice is the one to beat. (Can't be done.)
    I loved NARNIA and THE LORD OF THE RINGS, though I haven't read the books. Good choices. I picked My Top Ten (+ two) Debut Books on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coming by on the hop. Nice list. I love your quote in "About Me". Nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bridget Jones was a great movie adaptation. Usually I hate it when they take a good book and make it into a movie.

    Here's my post for Top Ten Tuesday, a list of the books that most intimidate me.

    And I'll be part of the Easter Eggstravaganza Blog Hop Giveaway that begins tomorrow. I hope you will stop by my blog and enter my giveaways to try to win some great prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had forgotten The Reader. That was a good one.

    Here is my list

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...