Sunday, 24 April 2011

In My Mailbox (6)


Hello everyone! Welcome to another IMM post! In My Mailbox is a meme that is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, so we get the chance to share our new books for the week (bought, borrowed or won) with all the lovely bloggers out there!

Before I go on to the books I bought...

HAPPY EASTER!!!!!
Hope you had/are having a great day with friends and family, regardless of whether you actually celebrate it!

This week I did not get any books in the post, nor did I buy any at the bookshop! (I really must go there this week... They must be missing me...). However, I decided to make an Amazon.com account, so as to take advantage of a wonderful offer.

There is a 'contest' going on, where certain bloggers participated in an event hosted by Aprilynne Pike, where she offered them unique links to her first book in the Wings trilogy, Wings, so that the readers of the blogs could download the e-book for free and read-along.
I downloaded my copy of Wings from Alison at Alison Can Read.

Wings by Aprilynne Pike (Wings #1)

While browsing through Amazon, I stumbled upon two other books that could be downloaded for free. The first one I have heard quite a lot about, so decided to download it and see for myself what it's about, and the second one I had heard nothing of, but I read the blurb and liked the sound of it, so I downloaded it.



I think the cover of The Golden Acorn is gorgeous! It probably looks a little too much like a children's book, but it's really pretty...

I have already read Wings and the review will be up soon! (I tend to read rather quickly when I read on the computer...)

So, that's all I got this week! (In retrospect, this IMM post makes me look rather stingy...)



What did you get in your mailbox this week?? 
I'd love to have a look!


2 comments:

  1. I surprisingly liked Wings, hope you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out :-) I just finished re-reading Wings. I loved it again.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...