Thursday, 21 July 2011

Look at what I got in the post today!!

The exclamation mark in the title is supposed to be sarcastic, by the way. As I am majorly (is that even a word?) P-O right now. And the reason for that will be pretty clear once you have a look at the photo....

Ta-dah!!!


Yep. That's what I got... Nice, huh...? Some bloody idiot (which is the mildest thing I want to call him online) decided that it would be a good idea to snatch the books from outside my front door (as we don't actually have a postbox - though even if we did have one, the parcels wouldn't have fit) and open them. And not only that... Then, that horrible person had to start ripping them apart... And start stomping on the pages... I found bits of pages all the way up the road.

Just shows how some people can be absolute animals. There is no other way you can explain it.

Two whole books and all the survived was a dust jacket, the two parts of a book cover and a front page. Nice.

On a more positive note, one thing did survive. A Book Depository bookmark.

Nope. I'm still not happy.

7 comments:

  1. OMG! What kind of a horrible person does something like that? :O And what is the whole point of doing that? Things like this just make me mad!!
    Once a similar thing happened with me, though it was not as bad as that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just unbelievable! If only I could get my hands on the person who did this, he/she would be in a similar state once I'm done with them!
    I'm so sorry, dear, I can only imagine how upset you were when you saw that! Just looking at the picture makes me seriously angry! I hope whoever did that will burn in hell!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why would somebody do this? It serves no purpose! Some people are so ridiculous.

    I'm so sorry about your books, like Evie said, I can only imagine how sad/annoyed you were when you saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks girls! :) I was so angry when I saw it... You cannot imagine...

    My guess is that is one of the stupid children (we have some really, really stupid ones in the neighbourhood) decided it would be fun to rip them all up. I would have been mad if they'd just stolen it, but it was even worse that they decided to destroy it. Serves no purpose at all...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man, I'd be ANGRY! What the heck is wrong with someone that they'd do that? (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, what an awful thing to happen! My packages get left in a porch and I did have a Christmas present opened once but it was returned to me in one piece (minus the wrapping paper).

    I would have probably used some much more choice words on Twitter if that happened to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!
    Why the hell would you even do that?!
    Just why!!
    Bless you! =(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...