Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish than I only just found out about! It seems pretty exciting and will probably be very challenging as well! This is my first ever list, so I hope I am doing it the right way!
This week's list is about the top 10 books we have bought, but have just never got round to reading!
So... here goes my list!
2. Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn - I had been looking for this book for more than 6 months, in two countries. I finally managed to find it in Athens, but I bought it, put it on my bookshelf, from where it hasn't moved in quite some time.
3. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova - I hadn't planned on buying this book, as in I hadn't heard of it before I saw it. But I was browsing through the books in a big bookshop when my eye fell on it. After reading the back cover description (which I found very interesting), I bought it and put it on my bookshelf, where it still is. It's one I'm definitely going to be reading soon!
5. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen - I think I've had this one for nearly two years now... I honestly can't say why I haven't read it yet. But I do know that I won't be reading it quite yet, either (I'm still recovering from ''Northanger Abbey'', which I loved).
6. The Catcher In The Rye by J.D. Salinger - This is one of the books my Grandma was reading and she was constantly saying that both me and my brother would enjoy it. So, when she finished it, she offered to give it to us to read, and we of course accepted (after all the positive things we had heard about it - both from Grandma and from magazines (J.D. Salinger died last year, so there were extensive articles about him)). My brother has read it, but I haven't yet. It will probably be one of the next ones I read, though!
7. Slam by Nick Hornby - I hadn't read any books by Nick Hornby then, even though I did own ''High Fidelity'', but I picked up the book and read the back cover. The theme sounded very interesting, so I bought it, intending to start reading it as soon as I finished the book I was reading at the time. I didn't...
8. Veronika Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho - I hadn't read any books by Coelho (and still haven't) but I had heard very good comments about this one, so I just had to buy it. It's still on my bookshelf, but hopefully, I will get round to reading it soon!
9. The Loop by Nicholas Evans - I had read two of Nicholas Evans' previous books, ''The Horse Whisperer'' and ''The Smoke Jumper'', which I immensely enjoyed. So when I spotted this one at a bookshop last summer (at a bargain price), I knew I had to buy it. It travelled over Europe, went onto my bookshelf and hasn't come down yet...
10. White Tiger by Aravind Adiga - I had bought this book in Greek as a present for one of my uncles and I loved it! But I am a complete snob towards Greek translations of foreign books (mainly because they cost an arm and a leg), so I didn't get a copy for myself. And then... it came! In English! And about 12 euros cheaper! So I bought it! I still haven't opened it....
So, that was my list! I hope to read each and every one of these aforementioned books for the challenges I have to complete for the year 2011!
Now, aren't I a good gal?
How about your ''had to buy, but have not read'' books?? Anything interesting on your lists?? Leave a comment, if you like!