Saturday, 19 March 2011

New challenges!!

Looking around many different blogs I came across many different challenges, other than the two I have already signed up to. They crossover with the ones I am already participating in and many of the books I already own can count towards completing them.
So, the challenges I have decided to go for are:

1. The Dystopia Challenge



Dystopia Challenge


This challenge is hosted by Bonnie of Bookish Ardour. She has actually set up another blog (you can find it here) where you can find info about all the challenges hosted by her.
In this Dystopia challenge you have to choose a level that you are going to aim for. There are quite a few levels to choose from (taken directly from her blog):

  1. Asocial–  Choose 5 books to read
  2. Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
  3. Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
  4. Drone – Choose 50 books to read
  5. Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
For extra hard challenges

  1. Brainwashed – Choose 76-125 books to read
  2. Totalitarian – Choose 126-200 books to read
I have to say, if anyone manages one of the two last ones, I will have to congratulate them! Anyway, I am going to aim for somewhere in the middle, as in the Contagion level. I already own (or plan on owning) quite a few dystopian novels, so I think 15 will be manageable. I'll probably end up reading more than 15, but I'm not sure I'll manage to reach 30, so I'm aiming low.


2. The Victorian Literature Challenge



This challenge is hosted by Bethany of Subtle Melodrama. In this challenge, the aim is to read books that were published during the years of the reign of Queen Victoria (1837-1901). Again, you get to choose the number of books you will aim to read. The levels available are (taken directly from her blog):

Sense and Sensibility: 1-4 books.
Great Expectations: 5-9 books.
Hard Times: 10-14 books.
Desperate Remedies: 15+ books.

In this challenge, I will be aiming for the second level, Great Expectations. I have already found some books I would love to read for this challenge (of which I own 5), so once again, I am aiming low!


3. The 1st In A Series Challenge



This challenge is hosted by Katy of A Few More Pages. The aim is to read a certain number of books that are first in a series. Again, you can choose the level you are to aim for. The levels available are (taken directly from her blog):
  • Series Novice: Read 3 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Lover: Read 6 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Expert: Read 12 books that are the first in any series.
  • Series Fanatic: Read 20 books that are the first in any series.
In this challenge I am going to aim for the third level, Series Expert. That means quite a few books, but I already own 6 books that I plan to read in the immediate future and I am pretty sure I will end up reading more than 6 1st's!

And last, but not least,
4. The 2nds Challenge



This challenge is also hosted by Katy of A Few More Pages. In this challenge, the aim is to read EITHER books that are 2nd in a series OR books that are written by authors you've only read once before (this being your second novel of theirs). The levels are as follows (taken directly from her blog):

  • Just a spoonful - Read 3 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author. 
  • A few more bites - Read 6 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
  • A full plate - Read 12 books that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
  • All you can eat - Read 20 books (or more) that are 2nd in a series or the second time you've read the author.
I am going to aim for the third level (A full plate). I think I can manage that number of books, seeing as I am going to be reading quite a few books that are first in a series. I'll just try to combine these two challenges, wherever possible!

This means that I have added quite a few extra books in my reading pile... Fortunately, quite a few of them crossover, so the list will not be as long (I hope...) Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh! These challenges sound fun! I like the sound of the dystopian one too. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...