I've decided to participate in another readathon this summer, just because of the fact that this one is a no-pressure readathon. I am not going to try and read as many books as possible, but I will be keeping a track of all the pages I've read! And because it's fun participating in readathons! The first one I participated in turned out to be a lot of fun and I hope this one is too!
This one is called the 'Bout of Books Read-a-thon' and it is hosted by Amanda from On A Book Bender. Here are some details that might get you interested!
- If you haven’t signed up yet, do it now! This link will bring you to the sign up form.
- You must be signed up in order to enter any of the TEN super awesome giveaways.
- The sign up form for the read-a-thon will be open through Saturday 8/27.
- Find a list of everyone signed up to participate on my Bout of Books Master List page. Please say hi to your fellow readathoners! You may make new blogging friends.
- I’ve got a list on Twitter of everyone who indicated they’d be updating on Twitter. It includes everyone but me because apparently I can’t add myself to my own list. I’d suggest using it for finding other Bout of Books Readathoners rather than staying updated on their progress.
- If you do want to track everyone’s progress run a search for #boutofbooks (or click my link). Just don’t forget to use #boutofbooks yourself! It will be easier to keep track of everyone and cheer them on this way.
In this readathon, as I mentioned before, I am not going to strive to read as many books as possible. But there are some that I would really like to finish as part of it.
- Fury by Elizabeth Miles
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
- Fake Me A Match by Lauren Barnholdt
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
So, that's 7 books. I don't think I will manage to read that many, especially considering that The Historian is 700 pages long and Divergent is another 500, but I can still try, right? I am not sure when I will be doing the progress updates, but probably once a day, sometime in the evening.
Come on and sign up too! Just click on the links up there!