Monday, 22 August 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


I've decided to participate in another readathon this summer, just because of the fact that this one is a no-pressure readathon. I am not going to try and read as many books as possible, but I will be keeping a track of all the pages I've read! And because it's fun participating in readathons! The first one I participated in turned out to be a lot of fun and I hope this one is too!

This one is called the 'Bout of Books Read-a-thon' and it is hosted by Amanda from On A Book Bender. Here are some details that might get you interested!


Quick Notes
  • If you haven’t signed up yet, do it now!   This link will bring you to the sign up form.
  • You must be signed up in order to enter any of the TEN super awesome giveaways.
  • The sign up form for the read-a-thon will be open through Saturday 8/27.
  • Find a list of everyone signed up to participate on my Bout of Books Master List page.  Please say hi to your fellow readathoners!  You may make new blogging friends.
  • I’ve got a list on Twitter of everyone who indicated they’d be updating on Twitter.  It includes everyone but me because apparently I can’t add myself to my own list.  I’d suggest using it for finding other Bout of Books Readathoners rather than staying updated on their progress.
  • If you do want to track everyone’s progress run a search for #boutofbooks (or click my link).  Just don’t forget to use #boutofbooks yourself!  It will be easier to keep track of everyone and cheer them on this way.



In this readathon, as I mentioned before, I am not going to strive to read as many books as possible. But there are some that I would really like to finish as part of it.

  • Fury by Elizabeth Miles
  • The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
  • Divergent by Veronica Roth
  • Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
  • Fake Me A Match by Lauren Barnholdt
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
  • Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
So, that's 7 books. I don't think I will manage to read that many, especially considering that The Historian is 700 pages long and Divergent is another 500, but I can still try, right? I am not sure when I will be doing the progress updates, but probably once a day, sometime in the evening.


Come on and sign up too! Just click on the links up there! 

3 comments:

  1. Good luck! I'll probably do the Dewey readathon in October as I've booked a recovery day off work. I need my sleep these days! I thought The Historian was a bit overlong even though the story was good, hope you get through it quicker than I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! You may not get through all 7 books, but you can definitely give it a go :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had The Historian on my bookshelf forever (or make that 5 years, I bought it from Borders in one of the many 3 for 2 sales, go figure) and really should read it, it looks fantastic. Can't wait to see what you think, if you review it of course.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...