Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books That I Bought Because Of Their Covers


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by all the lovely people blogging over at The Broke And The Bookish.


This week's list is about covers! I know people say that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but I am pretty sure everyone is guilty of it at some point or another. I definitely am! Though I usually want a book because of the story and then decide to buy it because of the cover. (Weird) So, without further ado, here is my list of books! (Though I don't think I'll get to 10, to be honest!)

Amy & Roger's Epic Detour

How can you not love that cover??? Tell me! How?? I don't really care for the US one, but the UK one really is simply amazing! To me, it just screams road trip! Not that I've ever been on one, but it does includes little images that are highly indicative of America and what road trips are made up to be. The story itself definitely lived up to the cover!





Ash by Malinda Lo

When I ordered this book, I really ordered it because I had seen it on sooo many blogs and everyone seemed to like it and it was a fairytale retelling AND it has an amazing cover! It's very, very simple, but it's so pretty. It's not really indicative in any way about the story within the book, but it is definitely a pretty cover and one that made me buy the book, without really looking into the actual story too much. (I found out about the fact that it is a lesbian Cinderella retelling a couple of days before my book arrived! That's how well informed I was!)




Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien

This cover might not be one of the prettiest ones I have ever seen, but I just loved it from the first time I saw it. That face hidden behind the letters, as well as the actual phrase those letters make up had me sold and I bought it soon after. I do wonder what the UK cover for the second book will be... I hope it's as good as this one!





The End of Mr Y by Scarlett Thomas

In all honesty, what drew me to this book wasn't just the cover, but also the fact that its pages are black all around! I know that the black pages are even more shallow than just judging by the cover, but I can't help it! When a book has them, I really have to find out what it's about! But the actual cover is pretty, too! I do love Scarlett Thomas' book covers, but this one is possibly my favourite!




Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

When I first saw this cover, I realised I had to have this book! Did you notice that girl is floating????? How could you not get it??







And last but not least,

Marked by P.C. & Kristin Cast

This one is a book that I definitely bought because of the cover. You can't tell from the photo, but it's all nice and shiny where those grey markings are and the whole series looks really pretty on my bookshelf. I actually enjoyed reading the first 2-3 books, but after that, they just seemed to draw out a little too much. I am currently two books behind and in no hurry to get back to the series (though I will, just to see where the story goes).




Which books did you buy just because of their covers??

2 comments:

  1. These are stunning covers. Thank you so much for sharing them.

    I love quirky book titles. Here's my Top Ten list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good choices. I actually like the US Amy and Roger's as well. The Scarlett Thomas covers are great. I have a really nice UK edition of Beloved that is so much prettier than the US one.

    Come visit my list at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...