Tuesday, 27 September 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To Reread


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by all the lovely people blogging over at The Broke And The Bookish.

This week's list is about our top ten books that we really want to reread. So, without further ado, here is my list of books!



How could Harry Potter not be on this list?? I have read each HP book three times already (which may not be many by other people's standards, but it is by mine) and I have reached the point where I feel that I have to read them again soon. (It's probably Pottermore's fault.)

I've only read this one once so far, but I absolutely loved it and I know I will be re-reading it in the future. Amazing book. Now I reminded myself, I must read his other book, too.

This is my absolute favourite of all the classics. I've read it a couple of times already, and I've seen both the BBC TV series and the film numerous times, but I would definitely not mind reading it again!



Another series which I absolutely loved. I am pretty sure I've only read it once though, so that must be rectified as soon as possible!

There's nothing like reading a bit of Bridget Jones' Diary to make you laugh when you're need it! Also, it does help a little that every time I read about Mark Darcy, I picture Colin Firth in my head (thank you, producers who chose him for that role).


Yeah, yeah, I know this is a children's book. But it is so, so good! And so, so cute! I don't even know how many times I've read it over the years, but I do know that I have to read it again!

The reason I haven't put the whole trilogy here is because I haven't actually read the whole trilogy, despite the fact that I absolutely loved Sabriel when I first read it years and years ago. So, I have made a big decision; I am going to order Lirael and Abhorsen (the next two books in the series) and then proceed to read them all. Sounds like a pretty good plan!

This book focuses on Spinalonga, an small island not very far from where I live, that used to be a leper colony until the 1950's. My grandmother had read it and loved it and then passed it on to me. I did eventually read it nearly a year after I first got my hands on it and, though I really, really enjoyed it, I haven't read it since!



I only found out about this amazing series this year when I started blogging, so I haven't had the chance to get to the point of wanting to reread it yet. But I definitely want to. It is so, so good!

I only read this one this year but it has rightfully earned a place on my list of favourite books. Definitely wouldn't mind rereading that one in the near future!

So yep, that's it from me. I know a few of them are books I've read recently, so it's not like I really want to reread them right now, but they are favourites and will definitely be reread in the near future! And yay! I got to 10!!


So, which books would you like to reread?? Let me know, so that I can try them out for myself if I haven't already read them!


5 comments:

  1. Harry Potter and The Hunger Games are also on my list this week :) I do love the Abhorsen trilogy and Pride and Prejudice too though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of these would be on my list too! I didn't get around to writing up a post this week, but it would look very similar (Including the Abhorsen series). So glad you have Sabriel on there, I always felt like it was an under-appreciated series, because no one seems to know what I'm talking about when I talk about it. And you should definitely read the next three (I think there's one more after Abhorsen) - they're all slightly different, but all definitely worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read HP again soon but my TBR is still so massive I can't allow myself to start rereading for a while yet :P Maybe next summer or in the New Year, though.

    The Lottie Project was brilliant wasn't it? I think my favourite J.W. book was Midnight. So, so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only one I've read on your list is The Hunger Games, but HP sure did make a lot of lists. One day I'm going to have to give in and read it.

    Come visit my list at The Scarlet Letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His Dark Materials is another series I want to-read too! It's been a long time since the last time I read them and I need a reminder of what happened since I haven't read the last one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...