Thursday, 15 September 2011

The Almost Book Ban - Rounds 1 & 2


The Almost Book Ban is a ban with a difference. For each round, you set yourself a certain number of books to read and if you manage to reach your goal, you are then allowed to get a new book. So, basically, that one book that you are allowed to buy works as an incentive to get rid of more books on your pile of to-be-read books.

The credit for The Almost Book Ban goes to one of my best blogging friends, Katie from That Book Blog. I'm just using the idea and tweaking it a little to suit me.

In each round of this "almost" book ban, I will be reading 8 books, instead of the 6 that Kate is doing right now. I decided to start counting the books from the last time I bought books using my own money, which means that I have already finished Round 1, despite the fact that no one knew I was doing it! (It might sound like a bit of a cheat, but hey, it's my book ban, so there!)

I made a really quick video with the books that I read in Round 1 and the books that I will be reading in Round 2, if you want to watch it! Otherwise, you can just look through the list underneath the video! (The video jumps a little every time a subtitle comes up; there seems to be some sort of a problem with my video editing software, but I'm not sure how to fix it.)


Round 1
The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
Spellbound by Cara Lynn Shultz
Divergent by Veronica Roth
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson
Sister by Rosamund Lupton
Glimmerglass by Jenna Black
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Round 2
One Day by David Nicholls
Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Mortlock by Jon Mayhew
Veronika Decides To Die by Paulo Coelho
The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
One Lonely Degree by C.K. Kelly Martin
String Bridge by Jessica Bell
Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

3 comments:

  1. Yay :P Not lonely anymore. You put me to shame though. I've pretty much abandoned my ban over summer, I'll need to get back to it :)

    Your bookmark and your button are both so pretty!!

    I'm going to be reading One Day, too, soon :) Have you seen the film yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--"almost" book ban. Yeah, I can never quit completely...so many good books! But you got a lot of reading done, which is awesome.
    Mary @ BookSwarm

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic idea! I should try this but then my husband would get to used to my changed buying habits. I'm not sure I can let that happen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...