Monday, 31 January 2011

Linger

Book title: Linger
Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Publisher: Scholastic
First published: 2010
No of pages: 416

Description: (from the back cover) Grace and Sam must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping dangerous secrets. For Sam, it means grappling with his werewolf past ... and figuring out a way to survive the future. But just when they manage to find happiness, Grace realizes she's changing in ways she could never have expected.

Review: Linger is the sequel to Shiver and the second in the trilogy ''The Wolves of Mercy Falls'', with the last book being Forever (which has still not been published). I bought the first book, Shiver, in England in the summer. I'd seen the Greek translation of it over here and had decided I had to read it. So, when I got the chance to buy it, I did! And I can honestly say I devoured the book! I absolutely loved it! So, I finished it in one day while we were on holiday. It was so hot that day and I ended up getting so sunburnt just because I wouldn't put the book down. You can imagine my dismay when I decided I had to read the next book straight away but had not bought it when I could. So, I had to wait until Christmas when I would go to Athens to buy it! But I did!!!

I absolutely loved Linger! This one actually took me two days to finish, but I was rather busy, so it was inderstandable. This book lived up to my expectations. I was quite excited to read it and it did not disappoint me! The theme of the book might resemble quite a few of the books that have been published over the past few year, but even still there is a very main difference. Even thought the plot revolves around werewolves, there are no vampires in sight, and the werewolf characteristic is brought on by a virus that is triggered by the weather.

The book is honestly worth reading. It is very well written and the story is very interesting and makes you want to keep on reading it. Even though I have to admit I had an inkling of what would happen in the second book just by reading the first one, it was even better than expected. I don't want to say anything more than that, because I don't want to spoil it for any of you who would like to read Linger, but have not read Shiver either. I totally recommend it though!

Rating: 8/10


Author: And as always, the info about the author. Maggie Stiefvater is the bestselling author of young adult fiction novels who is based in Virginia. She has a B.A. in history from the Mary Washington College and has also worked as a very successful portrait artist. She is currently married and has two children.
Her other novels include ''Lament'' and  ''Ballad'', and she has contributed a story to the book ''Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love''.


And the links for more information!

Counts as Book #3 in my 100 Books In A Year!

1 comment:

  1. SHIVER is a melancholy, romantic novel with equal parts tenderness and passion. Readers will find themselves swept up in Grace and Sam's unfolding relationship as they are finally able to talk and touch, and struggle to hold on to what little time they have together. The book is filled with gorgeous imagery that comes alive in your mind, and adds to the sense of fleeting beauty.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...