Saturday, 29 January 2011

Dark Flame (The Immortals - Book 4)

Book title: Dark Flame (The Immortals - Book 4)
Author: Alyson Noel
Publisher: MacMillan
First published: 2010
No of pages: 320

Description: Ever is between three men: Roman, Damen and Jude. She knows who her true love is, but she is bound by magyck and is trapped by a passion that is uncontrollable. What will she do to remedy the situation?


Review:  Dark Flame is the fourth instalment of Alyson Noel's The Immotals series. I have read the previous three books in the series and I rather liked them, in a sort of easy-to-read-book way. So when I went to the bookshop, and I saw that the fourth book had come out, I bought it! I didn't start reading it straight away though.

When I did though, I have to admit that I actually found this book to be rather tiring. Nothing much seemed to be going on. The whole book revolved around two main themes, one of them being the passion mentioned in the description. The lack of themes was not my problem with the book. It was more the way that the author went about presenting them. I honestly got to a point where I had read approximately half of the book and it felt like a was basically reading one of the previous books in the series, with a slightly altered main theme.

It's not that it's a bad book per se, it's just that it resembles the previous ones a little too much and it makes the whole reading process a bit tedious. The fact that I did not particularly enjoy this book, however, will not put me off reading the next books in the series. I have already bought the fifth book, which I will be reading sometime this year and then reviewing!

Rating: 4/10


Author: Now, for the customary info about the author. Alyson Noel is an American author. She held a vast variety of jobs, before finally becoming an author. Noel credits the book ''Are you there God? It's me, Margaret'' by Judy Blume as inspiration for becoming an author. Her first ever book was called ''Faking 19'' and it focuses on the lifestyles of teens today. Some of her other books include ''Art Geeks and Prom Queens'', ''Kiss & Blog'' and ''Lacuna Cove''. The titles of the Immortals Series books are (in order):
1. Evermore
2. Blue Moon
3. Shadowland
4. Dark Flame
5. Nightstar
6. Everlasting (due June 7th, 2011)
Alyson Noel has also created a spin-off series from The Immortals, called ''The Riley Bloom Series'', which features Ever's sister, Riley. The first book, ''Radiance'', has been published and the second one, ''Shimmer'' is  due on the 15th March 2011. Here are some selected covers
And again, for anyone who is interested:

Counts as Book #2 in my 100 Books In A Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...