Thursday, 10 November 2011

The Time Will Come (9)



The Time Will Come is a great meme hosted by Jodie over at Books For Company. The point of this meme is to list a book that has been sitting on our bookshelves unread for too long and we have been meaning to get round to for ages!

This week's pick is:

My Sister Lives On The Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher

Ten-year-old Jamie Matthews has just moved to the Lake District with his Dad and his teenage sister, Jasmine for a 'Fresh New Start'. Five years ago his sister's twin, Rose, was blown up by a terrorist bomb. His parents are wrecked by their grief, Jasmine turns to piercing, pink hair and stops eating. The family falls apart. But Jamie hasn't cried in all that time. To him Rose is just a distant memory. Jamie is far more interested in his cat, Roger, his birthday Spiderman T-shirt, and in keeping his new friend Sunya a secret from his dad. And in his deep longing and unshakeable belief that his Mum will come back to the family she walked out on months ago. When he sees a TV advert for a talent show, he feels certain that this will change everything and bring them all back together once and for all.


I'd wanted to buy this one ever since I first saw it. So, when I spotted a rather cheap hardback copy of it in a Greek bookshop, I bought is straight away. Needless to say, it is still sitting on my bookshelf, unread, though I have picked it up a few times while trying to decide what to read next. Soon.

1 comment:

  1. The first book I ever won was an ARC of this one :D I cherish it, like a little baby book :p I may be slightly bias by my excitement of getting it, but I thought it was a really good book.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! You really make my day when you leave me one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...